Friday, May 21, 2010

I was a virgin...

Today was my first Air Tran flight. I had heard they were mega discount, but I didn't care much. As long a they got me to my destination, right? Hooray for cheaper flights, as long as I get there.
Well, I'm still waiting for the "get there" part.

First, there was a delay. I showed up at my neighborhood airport (sunny Flint, MI), ready to depart at 6:30 pm, Friday night. However, there was weather. And a delay. Silly me, I'd never had a flight delayed before, so I never checked my flight status. Nbd, my fault. I'd gladly take the later flight at 10.

But wait, my connection! The man at the Air Tran counter said he had no way of knowing if I would ever make my connection; I would have to check when I came back for my flight at 10. "Actually, now it's at 9:30. See? Just keep checking."

I looked up at the board and saw my flight's estimated departure had moved from 10:00 to 9:30 and wondered how I was supposed to stay on top of this for the next couple hours. I hoped Air Tran had an iPod app, since I don't currently have a cell phone. They do not.

I took advantage of the extra time in Flint and had dinner with friends. At the restaurant I discovered I could check my flight's status on Air Tran's website. Hooray! Also, the "estimated" departure was now 9:55. Ugh... I wanted to just stay in Flint for the night, which the Air Tran counter guy said might end up happening anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment